Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toilet impeller replacement

Look at www.raritaneng.com You should be able to figure it out.

I was told to move the toilet away from the wall and the serial / model numbers are on a placard on the back size by all the mechanicals. I didn't get around to working on mine yet. I think I'll wait until after the holiday before I risk messing something up and being down 1 toilet.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Depends on the model as to where the info is. If he could attach a picture it would be easy to tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by easttnboater View Post
    Look at www.raritaneng.com You should be able to figure it out.
    Went to the site and my head looks pretty much like the Alantes A5 except the handle is a little different. When I drill down for the details it says the A5 was replaced by the Alantes Freedom on 9/1/05. It says "for information on units manufactured prior to 9/1/05 click on this text", which takes me to "NOT FOUND". There is no excuse for that happening on a corporate web site. I will take a photo next weekend when we return to the boat.

Anyway, I'm getting closer to the info I need. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpo55 View Post
    Went to the site.....It says "for information on units manufactured prior to 9/1/05 click on this text", which takes me to "NOT FOUND". There is no excuse for that happening on a corporate web site.
    I had the same experience with their site before you! I laughed when I read this.

Mine has a plastic handle on the left side. Is that what yours looks like as well?

Bet On Another Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by GoVols View Post
    I had the same experience with their site before you! I laughed when I read this.

Mine has a plastic handle on the left side. Is that what yours looks like as well?
    Yes, mine has the plastic handle.

That's the same model I have then. Can you tell me if it has an impeller setup or if it's a diaphragm that pumps the water from the lake into the bowl?

What's your toilet doing wrong that you need to fix it?

Bet On Another Thousand

It has a FloJet pump/impeller mounted in the hold below the head. The head is not holding water in the bowl after each flush. Only an inch or two. We have been adding a couple cups of water before each use, but it goes away after flush. Somebody told me that's the check valve. What does a check valve look like in that unit?

It has a FloJet pump/impeller mounted in the hold below the head. The head is not holding water in the bowl after each flush. Only an inch or two. We have been adding a couple cups of water before each use, but it goes away after flush. Somebody told me that's the check valve. What does a check valve look like in that unit?
    every head i have ever had has done that. i finally put a vented loop in just above the head and now it holds about 4 inches of water in the bowl.i have 2 jabsco 37010's now and before that a johnson aqua t quiet flush.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

It has a FloJet pump/impeller mounted in the hold below the head.
    So it doesn't have a diaphram style pump? Does it actually have a serviceable impeller?

The head is not holding water in the bowl after each flush. Only an inch or two. We have been adding a couple cups of water before each use, but it goes away after flush.
    Ours does the same. I was told adding a vented loop to each toilet should do the trick. I contacted Raritan and priced the vented loop at ~$100 each.

Bet On Another Thousand

+ Reply to Thread