Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Random BS Thread

Well since the "what did you do to your houseboat today" thread got closed I guess I'll post it here. FINALLY got the auld bardge running again.

History. maybe 3 weeks ago the engine overheated. We were anchored in a blow with the engine idling (just in case) and then on the way home it overheated. The water pump impeller had gone (maybe a bag or something sucked up against the intake while we were anchored, dunno). Fortunately we caught it before any major damage, but the rubber exhaust hose and fiberglass muffler were in bad shape from running "dry".

Finally got everything back together today, new exhaust hose, muffler, impeller, and some welding to the manifold/hose adapter. Also a brand new water-flow alarm, so NEXT time there's a "water shortage" I'll know about it!

Here's the site to the water flow alarm... If I'd had it then it would have paid for itself... http://www.seaboundsupply.com/aquala...FSdp7AodsA0ARw
    Last edited by Stmbtwle; 08-07-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Willie, your post strikes me as anything but "Random BS." I would love to see a topic like this stand on its own. I am confident that in a few months I might find it handy to look back and see what you had to say about preventing an overheat and why. If this were its own thread, I would just scan the topics until I found one that jogged even my bad memory. I am way too memory-challenged to even think that I would remember to look under the "Random BS" thread in a few months ago to remember what you said about overheating. Maybe others have enough brain cells left to remember that this engine topic was under "Random BS." I know I don't.

Bottom line - this is a useful post. More so because I trust what you have to say about houseboat engines. It is way too useful to be relegated to a stupid topic like "what I did to my boat today" or "random BS."

That's fine, but it's pretty much a "one post" thread, and IMO not a "thread". If you think it is I can repost it. Ok I'll repost...
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

+ Reply to Thread