Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Random BS Thread

Wakes

A wake is a wake is a wake--no matter who makes them. Cruisers are not the only bad guys.
    Were you ever going down the river when a towboat pushing 36 barges passes you close to your port side while your starboard side is close to a shallow rocky shore??

Now that's a wake!

When I was at a Marina in Pgh. Pa. there was a BIG boating neighbor of mine that had a small fast runabout tied up to his houseboat. If anyone made a big wake 2 times---he would jump in his speed boat, chase them and beat them up. Not recommended, but it did decrease the number of wakes made near that Marina.

Clarencio

flood waters

is everyone being effected by the rising rivers? were at the mouth of the ohio river about a mile up the Muskingum. the river has risen 7 feet and the current was really bad,it took the up river part of the 328 feet of docks and twisted 3" steel pipe that holds them upstream like it was straws. the current finally slowed down when the ohio raised and it didn't have anywhere to go but what a mess. so far there is no flooding but the river is a mess with entire trees floating down river and a stray dock now and then.i looked out the window yesterday to see 15 kayakers going down stream, they just don't realize what the current can do if they fall out.the weather forecast through Saturday next week is daily storms......what a summer.
    Last edited by 42gibson; 06-30-2013 at 04:42 AM.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Quote Originally Posted by 42gibson View Post
    flood waters

is everyone being effected by the rising rivers? were at the mouth of the ohio river about a mile up the Muskingum. the river has risen 7 feet and the current was really bad,it took the up river part of the 328 feet of docks and twisted 3" steel pipe that holds them upstream like it was straws. the current finally slowed down when the ohio raised and it didn't have anywhere to go but what a mess. so far there is no flooding but the river is a mess with entire trees floating down river and a stray dock now and then.i looked out the window yesterday to see 15 kayakers going down stream, they just don't realize what the current can do if they fall out.the weather forecast through Saturday next week is daily storms......what a summer.
    The water is up but well below flood stage up here. Our docks have been safe so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JTAlberts View Post
    Bamby, where do you usually tie up? Are you on the Ohio?
    No we aren't on the Ohio River though we have boated on it in the past when we trailered a pontoon boat about everywhere within a 100 miles of Wheeling. We found the Ohio in the Wheeling area anyway to industrialized along it's banks thus by failing to provide any real scenery we desired to view as we were out cruising around on our boat.

We now almost exclusively do all our boating on the Muskingum River and we have moved from a boat club to some private property that belongs to some friends we have made on the river. I constructed our own dock and attached it to their existing docks so we wouldn't be hogging all their docking space. It sure has saved us a lot of hours and gas for our boat vrs. to what we used to rack up docking at the boat club.

flood waters

Yep the Muskingum can rise fast and create a lot of havoc and destruction can't it. Some friends called us Friday and essentially told us it wouldn't be worth it to come over this weekend because of the water levels. But it was also nice to hear everything was still safe and sound at our private marina also. I'm guessing you're probably aware of the fact you can somewhat watch water conditions online aren't you? Anyway here's the link to gauge I watch Muskingum River at Zanesville but you may prefer watching the one located downriver at Beverly for where you are docked at.

Come on folks I didn't name this the random bill thread for nothing....

How about some suggestions for some easy cold shaker and ice shaken mixed shots for sharing on the sandbar this coming weekend? Our standby buttery nipples is excellent and everyone loves them but Bailie's at 30 a bottle and with the buttershots it is a bit pricy and rich. Rich meaning they actually give me indigestion if I indulge to many of them.
    Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bamby View Post
    Come on folks I didn't name this the random bill thread for nothing....

How about some suggestions for some easy cold shaker and ice shaken mixed shots for sharing on the sandbar this coming weekend? Our standby buttery nipples is excellent and everyone loves them but Bailie's at 30 a bottle and with the buttershots it is a bit pricy and rich. Rich meaning they actually give me indigestion if I indulge to many of them.
    I will be headed to Gettysburg for the 150th this weekend. The boat has been second fiddle all season. Our first child is due in August, we are renovating a house, and it seems like everyone I know is getting married this year. The weather has been terrible as well. I believe we have only had 3 good boating weekends. Two have been washed out due to high water.

sometimes a half empty 1 lb bag of sugar with a note, taped to the bag sitting on there dock finger, "Like to make waves..........guess where I put the other half of this sugar"?,

and if u have the nerve to touch there boat an leave the fuel cap off, You really need to be somewhere you can watch his expression. (of course you dont sugar the tank) and this is for that special person.
    thankfully our dock neighbors park an play together both at dock an out.

we finally got the tree limbs out of the drives,got the docks mostly fixed and took the boat out for a 19 mile cruise sunday.....life is good!
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

we finally got the tree limbs out of the drives,got the docks mostly fixed and took the boat out for a 19 mile cruise sunday.....life is good!
    We finally made it back to the boat and had her out last weekend also. It had been four long weeks of rainy weekends and high water and we were suffering boat withdraw badly. Anyway we spent part of the weekend on the sandbar enjoying the companionship and catching up on some of our river friends and had a wonderful weekend. On a sad note though we found out one of our good river acquaintances who had recently been diagnosed with cancer has taken a turn for the worst, and it's not looking hopeful. He's not all that old and was full of life and a pleasure to be around and now it's all came to this. Enjoy your boat, enjoy your friends and family and make some good memories, simply because those shared good times are what will be remembered long after we pass on. Pictured below is our friend Moe sharing some good times.

Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

+ Reply to Thread