Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone heard or know of the red Honda

And how much did he pay for that auto-dock feature? You can do anything with enough money; even buy a real generator.

I refuel mine outside (where it runs) and it's difficult to do without spilling some. Inside a remote tank would be in order.

At least the old rotary phones didn't need batteries!
    Last edited by Stmbtwle; 10-20-2016 at 07:44 AM.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for!

I also have a Honda 2000 on the swim platform on my cruiser. . I have a 12" 110 volt fan blowing on the exhaust whenever it is running. We have a CO2 monitor in the cabin to keep check of the fumes. The generator is completely in the open. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stmbtwle View Post
    And how much did he pay for that auto-dock feature? You can do anything with enough money; even buy a real generator.

I refuel mine outside (where it runs) and it's difficult to do without spilling some. Inside a remote tank would be in order.

At least the old rotary phones didn't need batteries!
    Right on batts an cell phones
    Also the real dianosour in my hull the 12.5 hull is just that, an used only as a back up to the Honda which its never been needed.
    No plans to buy the recirculator (is there even such a word). An venting components at Walley world.

Your right somebody at Sea Ray made a nice commission I'm sure ( that couple also didn't go to Walley world)

Guys it's got to be doable

Your all a great bunch an will test you again when the winter weather has me tied to the dock as I begin to wait an wait. Till its time to see the Rv fluid pumping out of that block.
    Which I will go to Wally World in a about 6 weeks to winterize my engine

If it was "doable" at a reasonable cost with no ongoing liability and a good ROI, then Honda would have already done it.

As stated before - put it on the roof, put in on the shore, maybe even put it on your swim platform and you are using the product within its designed capabilities.

But, put an air cooled, non-spark protected portable gasoline generator in your enclosed engine compartment and you are using the product in a way it was not designed to be used. You can redneck engineer it all you want and you are still using a product in a way it was not designed to be used. When (not if) it all goes bad, then all liability will be on you.

You are going to do whatever you want. It is still a somewhat free country and that is your prerogative.

However, to all of those that come to this board for information:

DO NOT RUN A PORTABLE GASOLINE GENERATOR INSIDE YOUR ENGINE COMPARTMENT.
    Last edited by easttnboater; 10-21-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Well said!

[QUOTE=dalehollow;6619]Being installed in the hull and used inside the hull instead of setting up outside with a cord.

Curious in the manor in which it draws fresh air in and what design is used to vent the exhaust .

( don't want to duct tape a squirrel cage device for cool in and bad out)

To those who read the question an understood it I ll assume at this time the answer is no.
    For those that took time to post there thoughts and those who read them thanks for moving the topic along. I enjoy the give an take .
    Used to be a poster who would quote those regs from the mariners handbook
    Kind of miss those responses too (not)

Last edited by Stmbtwle; 10-21-2016 at 07:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread