Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plans for the holiday?

Plans for the holiday?

The wife took last week off and this week, so we've been staying on our boat every night and I've been going in to work. I have Wed - Friday off, so I'll have 5 full days to spend at the lake enjoying the boat!

Wednesday, will will disembark around 10AM to go anchor down my Percy Priest Damn. Nashville Shores Waterpark has an annual fireworks show on the water and it's always a big event for the boaters. We'll have 10 people total on our boat. We'll spend the day swimming, jumping on the water trampoline, cooking, eating, and sippin' a few cold ones. Fireworks show starts around 9PM. I haven't determined if I'm going to spend the night down there and avoid all the returning traffic or if I'll spend the night on anchor.

One thing's for sure, I need to burn through some of my gas over the weekend. Due to weather this year, we've only been out a few times and I haven't added the 1st gallon to my tanks yet! I'm still 3/4 full on starboard and 1/2 full on port. My boat is very easy on the gas!

I wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July!
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

I am going to Gettysburg for the 150th reenactment. Hopefully my wife doesn't go into labor while I am away.

were heading to Marietta Thursday morning to the boat and staying till Tuesday.i have 2 leaks to find and fix so that should keep me busy. happy 4th everyone.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Hopefully the leaks are above the water line.

Weather permitting, headed to St Pete for the show.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Quote Originally Posted by JTAlberts View Post
    Hopefully the leaks are above the water line.
    yes they are,one is in the roof around the flybridge.i'm going to replace all the screws and recaulk all of them. the other is in a corner in the cuddy,i'm pulling the trim off the cabin at the deck line and recaulking it and hope that takes care of that one.
    44 gibson executive
    marietta,ohio

Check the flybridge mounting carefully. I have seen a few gibson's with rotted roofs. On one (a 5500 series) when the bridge was moved 2 sets of holes were found. It looked like they moved the bridge a few inches after installation and never filled the first set of hole's. Most of the bridge level decking had to be replaced.

Did you ever get your 42' back from Fox Chapel?
    1991 Pluckebaum 70'
    13' Boston Whaler, 40hp Yamaha
    10' AB rib, 25hp Suzuki (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by boatlover View Post
    Check the flybridge mounting carefully. I have seen a few gibson's with rotted roofs. On one (a 5500 series) when the bridge was moved 2 sets of holes were found. It looked like they moved the bridge a few inches after installation and never filled the first set of hole's. Most of the bridge level decking had to be replaced.

Did you ever get your 42' back from Fox Chapel?
    yes ,we finally got it back from them,thank god.i've never had such a bad experience with a repair facility as I had with them.the roof of the boat was re-gelcoated before it was brought up from tn. some of the holes were wallered out and the screws pulled loose so I bought oversize tek screws to put in along with life caulk.it was a pretty bad leak.

by the way, we sold the 42 to a guy in Pittsburgh,i think he has it a marys marina.
    44 gibson executive
    marietta,ohio

+ Reply to Thread