Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what happned to summer

what happned to summer

man, what happened? it seems like only yesterday we put the boat in and now its 8 weeks till we pull out. everyone must have had an uneventful summer since there was almost no new posts. well everyone I hope your summer was a good one !!!!
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Spring and fall are the best times on Clarks Hill Lake where my boat is. Summer is very hot and humid.

They finally finished replacing the low bridge that limited access to the northern part of the lake. I can now get to the nice quartz sand beaches up there. Right now the lake is down which makes getting my boat out of the slip difficult. Hopefully we will get a few more feet of water in the lake which will make the fall season very nice.

It's been so hot and humid here the boat hasn't moved since May. Even the water temp is 90F.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for!

Yeah, it feels like bath water.

It's been a great boating season so far for my wife and me. We've gone out to coves every weekend we could plus spent two separate weeks on the water. Hot and humid for sure but we love it. Fall is usually beautiful here and we'll have the lake to ourselves now that the kiddos are back in school. We hope to keep going until mid-November.

our summer started out cool then it went to heavy heavy rain. the rivers were very high,debris was terrible. we left the dock twice and the first time we went out we bent another prop. its been a pretty crapy summer here.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Quote Originally Posted by 42gibson View Post
    our summer started out cool then it went to heavy heavy rain. the rivers were very high,debris was terrible. we left the dock twice and the first time we went out we bent another prop. its been a pretty crapy summer here.
    100% in agreement with you about this summer and water conditions. I'm north of you on the Muskingum myself and have set shore side all summer due to unfavorable water conditions. I haven't even bothered to slip her into the water as of yet but we're seriously considering claiming this weekend. In a way at this point one has to wonder if it's even worth the trouble at this point in the season but even as it is I'm sure we will cherish what time we did have on the water come this winter.
    Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

Our boating has been sparse, as well, but we did have a couple of yacht club outings, one for a very short 'blessing of the fleet,' all decorated up, and one late afternoon trip to a nearby (a bit over an hour by slow houseboat) waterfront restaurant, en masse. We set out beer, wine, soda and nibblies, before heading in for dinner. The fun part of that outing was that our enthusiastic granddaughter and her friend were aboard. A gusty thunderstorm blew up just as we were backing into our dock. That, it became obvious, was a very bad idea, so we gave up on it, continued up our small creek, lowered the hook, and spent the night stargazing, lightning watching, and being serenaded by a million-frog chorus. We woke up to a peaceful dawn, backed into our slip with nary a hitch. The big-city girls are still marveling over how many stars are visible here in the back of beyond. (and how few sirens, horns, and other city sounds.)

+ Reply to Thread