Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where is everybody?

Where is everybody?

I hope the paucity of posts on this poor, neglected forum is because everybody spent the warm months out on a beautiful boat enjoying the peace, far from WiFi. And the winter curled up with a dear one in front of a nice fire, and a bit of adult beverage, making plans for houseboating, 2018, refurbishing, float-planning, and thinking of houseboat parties.
    The Lotus Eater's been more of a back garden guest cottage than a go-places machine this year, but that might change this summer, after we get back from a long trip by wee airplane to Alaska. Too many toys. Don't tell Our Hero, though.

Keeping warm during this freaking cold butt winter

Busy running no heat calls and building up momma's liquor fund for the coming summer

Thanks for asking! The silence was deafening in here. Talking about boats and going boat shows helps me get though the dark of winter. It seems like everybody had run off to Facebook.

I bought a new (to me) houseboat back up in northeast TN. We have been moving stuff between the boats and prepping the GA boat for sale.

right now i'm sitting in our lodge in stoneham maine looking out the window at the white mountains. we've been coming here for 24 years every winter to snowmobile. after we leave here we start looking for warm weather and boating but we love winter as much as summer.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Wintering in Okeechobee, FL The weather hasn't been very good here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fork-lift-king View Post
    Wintering in Okeechobee, FL The weather hasn't been very good here.
    It has been cold in South Florida this year, spent three months in Naples, came home at Christmas Time.
    I wanted to spend some water time, but NO WAY!! To Cold.
    Not that 80 degree plus weather they normally have.

Sitting here in Tampa Bay. We've had one family crisis after another for over a year...
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for!

So sorry to hear about the weather problems, family crises, and all. I spent a sedentary winter, thanks to awful weather, lingering bad colds, and sheer indolence. A dozen pairs of feet under my holiday table meant between shopping, cooking, washing dishes, cleaning, and laundry, rinse, repeat, recreation, other than that associated with being surrounded by nice people, took a back seat. Now looking forward to new eyes (Cadillac surgery, I think they call it; just bought the eyedrops. Wow.) and then, I hope, a trip by beautiful new-to-me little Mooney airplane to Alaska for a few weeks. That will be State #50 in my logbook, and a few new provinces, too. So the houseboat rocks at our dock, serving mostly as guest house. Much remains to be done, mostly cosmetic, but being a wooden boat, needs some paint and repair work, too. Wait. It can't rot yet-- it's not even finished. Sigh. So spring is coming, the cypresses are leafing out, the buds are swelling, and the grass needs to be cut. Must be spring... but wait, last night featured fat, heavy snowflakes the size of fifty-cent pieces, blowing sideways. Splat. and another nor'easter predicted tomorrow, after today's Carolina-Blue skies? Pulling down comforter over my head. Call me when it's safe to come out.

+ Reply to Thread