Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Winter is nigh

We saw lots of rain during our first 8 weeks this summer, only 10 miles from the marina we live aboard quite often, I wouldn't miss October on the boat for anything, 50's at night low no humidity day time, w/low 80's clear beautiful high sky's. camp fires w/Chinese lanterns, lots of room for the kids running the shore line as the lake falls, watch the girls head back to the dock to make the area's fall small town craft shows, maybe some amish pies....Did I mention spectacular high skies.

Now with major shore lines able to handle 20 boats easily lots of ropes to cross for walks talks and good friends, October is this mans favorite time.
    Life on south central Ky/North Central Tenn. lake. October is a big part of the package

We're still enjoying our boat and the fall weather also. Last weekend was beautiful weather-wise but we did miss a few of our acquaintances that seemingly have already put their boat up for the winter.
    Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

I am with you dalehollow. It is the same here on South Holston, except we pretty much have the lake to ourselves.

Labor Day weekend was our 1 year anniversary as houseboat owners. The weather could have been better this summer - 6th wettest on record - but we still had a great time. We love the fall weather at our lake and will try to go out every weekend until our layup period starts in mid November. We will winterize engines but still go stay on the boat off and on throughout the Winter.

Pulling the boat tomorrow for the big sleep.

I have to say this past weekend will probably stand out as one of my best of our first year with our HB. Nothing but blue skies, water like glass, and almost nobody on the lake Saturday. The next morning, we left our cove before dawn to get in ahead of winds and storms that were headed to our area. I was drinking coffee while piloting on the flybridge under the stars then saw the sun rise as we approached our marina. That may be old hat to most of you, but it just doesn't get any better than that in my opinion.

Yeah I have a lot of repairs for this winter too now that it's cooler and not raining every afternoon.

I just wish the Admiral would stop coming up with Honeydoos faster than I can find Roundtuits.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

we tried to take the boat out Monday.i made it down the muskingum and as soon as I got half way across the ohio, the port engine quit.i lost a fuel pump. with just one engine and the water down a foot I didn't have enough power to push it on the trailer so i limped it back to the dock to have a fuel pump put on. try again Monday. this has been a bad year for boating!! but I still love it.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Even with all the crap, I am ready for more abuse next year.

89 degrees and beautiful in Okeechobee Fl.

+ Reply to Thread