Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid stunt at lake

Stupid stunt at lake

Saturday was an absolute gorgeous day at our lake this weekend. Blue skies and water like glass. We were tied near the end of a creek enjoying the day with friends when 3 fools in a speedboat came by and purposely tried to rock us. On the way back, the driver steered toward us for maximum effect but threw one of his passengers overboard when he cut the wheel too hard. Boat went about 100 yards before he realized. The passenger was shaken up but not injured, which is good because nobody was wearing a life jacket.

So even though there were less boaters on the lake, the level of stupid was still high.

At least he didn't run over him...
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

It's times like those when a paint ball gun would be very handy!
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

I have my houseboat, a runabout, and a jet ski. The worst offenders at my lake seem to be jet skis. i have been putting down the lake in my houseboat and have had them cut so close in front of me that the spray hit my front deck. I just want to stop them and explain the physics of the situation to them. A 55,000 lb (according to the hauler) boat going 8 mph is not going to stop quickly.

I never could see the attraction of jet skis. They look like fun for a little while, but otherwise they seem to be kind of useless.

In their favor(?) it apparently doesn't take any brains to operate one. It shows too.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

I have had it forever. Got it back when the kids were young. It is not really worth anything and it only costs me $50 a year in insurance and registration. So, I keep it for them to use occasionally.

That makes sense, and if the kids still enjoy it...
    I suspect around here (salt water) it would cost more than that to keep the beast running.
    Last edited by Stmbtwle; 10-08-2013 at 08:55 PM.

I don't want to put much money in one, but I hear they're handy for getting tying off in coves.

I'm sure they are, but I have a dinghy for stuff like that. Not as near as fast but it works for us.

And we have a 2 person (plus a small grandchild or two) inflatable kayak for gunkholing... not the finest yacht tender ever made, but versatile. It now spends its dry time snugged up overhead under the roof of the back deck.

+ Reply to Thread