Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found my new boat

Found my new boat

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/4088822185.html

Talk about a ground up project. At least they already got it sandblasted. Just a wild guess, but I would think about $50k to finish that boat. I have no idea what engines and transmissions would cost. I am half tempted to buy it and just get the scrap money for the aluminum.

That would be a good buy for $3000.

Sorry, I put one to many zero's on that good buy. I mean $300.

Someone definitely bit off more than they could chew on that one! That's literally just a shell of a boat!
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Just the shell, but looks like a really good start for what could be a really nice boat. You can see what you have to do before buying and you wouldn't have to rip anything out.

BUT you have to have the skills, the money and the time.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Stmbtwle, I agree. If I had the time and money to do it I would give it a go. My biggest issue is the lack of knowledge on the transmission/engine side. More than likely it had a couple of 318s to power it, but I wouldn't know the first thing about getting it fitted with diesels if I would want to go that route. Getting the thing a quality paint job would be difficult to come by. Do any auto painters have mobile units or even travel to do that kind of work? I know you could roll and tip it but for the work you would put into this boat I would love to see a spray job.

I have way too much work to complete on my current boat to even think about getting into one like this.

I would LINE-X it.

There is a lot to be said for having what YOU want, not what some builder or previous owner thinks is good. A clean, fully-gutted hull offers a lot of options IF it's structurally sound. However a major rebuild costs FAR more in money and time than most folks realize, and without the skills it's pretty much prohibitive.

That said, if I'd come across this hull near me 12 years ago I'd have been on it like white on rice. I had everything I needed.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Quote Originally Posted by JTAlberts View Post
    https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/4088822185.html

Talk about a ground up project. At least they already got it sandblasted. Just a wild guess, but I would think about $50k to finish that boat. I have no idea what engines and transmissions would cost. I am half tempted to buy it and just get the scrap money for the aluminum.
    in 2000 I redid a crest houser(pontoon houseboat) 15x43. I replaced the roof,the entire inside,the decks,plumbing,electrical and put a new 90 horse Johnson (6000$).back then the cost was 26,000 with a outboard and me doing all the work. its very expensive to say the least.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

+ Reply to Thread