Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passport control panel on Marine Airrrr system

Threaded View

Passport control panel on Marine Airrrr system

I have a AH-Passport I/O control panel for my 3 ton Marine Airrrr system. I've read the manual throughly and I can figure out if it's possible to adjust the temperature range the system allows you to set for the boat. For instance, it currently allows you to set the temperature between 65 and 85 degrees. Since we're not at the boat during the winter and I'm trying to save some $$ on heating it, I want to set it down to 55, like you can on a house thermostat. Anyone have an idea on how to do this?
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

We own a 2009 Sailabration with the same type system. Those systems can't be set below 65. We have 2 of the Edenpure type heaters we set to 45 in the winter. One in the front of the boat and one in the rear.

Nice to have a fellow Sailabration aboard!! We love our boat. Hopefully you do too. Did you buy yours new?

I found a back door way to set the temperature lower on the Passport control panel. Enter the programming mode and go to the P5 setting. When in heat mode, set the P5 setting at +10. This makes the thermostat think it is 10 degrees hotter than actual ambient temperature. So now, when you set the temperature down to 65, actual ambient temperature will be 55.

My electric bill was $120 last month for the boat, so hopefully this will help reduce that. God, I wish our boat had the insulation package!

Bet On Another Thousand

Yes we bought ours new. We have those "shoulda" moments which include the insulation package. Had to stop adding on at some point though. I believe we knew we could do that programming trick. We decided the portable work just fine for us. We set the heaters to 45 degrees. Last month the electric was $25.

What size is your boat? My marina is very sketchy when it comes to the electric. I never received an electic bill for 2 years until they finally got around to fixing it. Now I'm getting bills ranging from $80 - $120. I only leave the heater running on it's lowest setting and the fridge when we're not there. In the winter, we visit seldom. I don't know what a normal electric bill should be, but last owner told me his were typically $30 - $40.

Bet On Another Thousand

2009 16x60.

+ Reply to Thread