Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Untypical Floor Plan Value?

The motorcycle garage might be a good plus if you are in an area where you need to carry your land transportation with you.

As far as the 2br 1ba configuration is concerned, it boils down to how many people do you want to carry overnight, and how many bathrooms do you want to CLEAN and maintain.

Personally I'd PREFER the roomy 2/1 configuration over some ex-rental that slept 12 persons and had two or three tiny bathrooms to maintain.

I saw the motorcycle garage boat.......interesting. I agree with the chopped up and bunk floor plans not being what I would need for sure, and after reading everyones posts thought we should give it a bit more thought. While giving it more thought the owner reduced the price by $16,000.00. This puts it more in line with what I feel the boat is worth, so we are going for a second look this weekend.
    1986 Gibson 50'
    Twin 454 Crusaders
    Monroe Reservoir, Bloomington, IN

I'd like to see some pictures of it as well. I think this layout seems pretty good to me. I would prefer having more open space for living and entertaining than more bedrooms and another bathroom.

our gibson executive has a huge salon and a mid size galley, the bedroom fits a full size bed but we love the extra room in the salon. we spend more time in it than we do in bed anyway. its all what "you want" in a boat. we all have different needs and wants.by the way i have seen that boat with the motorcycle garage somewhere,it is different.

That we needed public space more than we'd need dedicated stateroom space was our reasoning, too. Accordingly, we only have one smallish stateroom, but the salon/galley astern, and the large cockpit forward both have comfortable space for entertaining. We had a relative and his kids sleep on Lotus Eater this weekend, and they were happy as clams to sleep on inflatable beds and foam pads in the salon. (We are a little furniture-deficient at this point in the construction, but they didn't seem to mind, being delighted with the adventure.) The point being, that for short-term use, and with inflatable beds, ANY room big enough for it becomes a bedroom, with the advantage that it becomes NOT a bedroom when it needs to be communal space instead. We've also threatened to pitch tents on the top deck, too, if too many folk want to come along for the ride.
    v

An update: I think we are going to pass on this one, oddly enough not so much the boat as the dock. It is on a non covered dock with all larger tin bottom boats, with no other slip to move to. All these large boats with big roofs coming out made the dock seem very tight. Also, when you and your neighbor both open your blinds you're both on the same boat! I'm fortunate to have snagged an end slip on a covered and wider dock several years ago. When I open my blinds I'm looking out into the lake. Plus we are good friends with several of our dock mates. So something more along the lines of a Gibson Executive might better fit the bill. Also really hate to give up those twin 454's! JT, the boat we were considering is on Boat Trader zip 47401 98 Jamestowner, if you would like to look at pictures.
    1986 Gibson 50'
    Twin 454 Crusaders
    Monroe Reservoir, Bloomington, IN

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    An update: I think we are going to pass on this one, oddly enough not so much the boat as the dock. It is on a non covered dock with all larger tin bottom boats, with no other slip to move to. All these large boats with big roofs coming out made the dock seem very tight. Also, when you and your neighbor both open your blinds you're both on the same boat! I'm fortunate to have snagged an end slip on a covered and wider dock several years ago. When I open my blinds I'm looking out into the lake. Plus we are good friends with several of our dock mates. So something more along the lines of a Gibson Executive might better fit the bill. Also really hate to give up those twin 454's! JT, the boat we were considering is on Boat Trader zip 47401 98 Jamestowner, if you would like to look at pictures.

I love the boat just because of the grill cover in the last picture.

Super Moderator OLD HOUSEBOATER's Avatar
    An exposed boat ages 5 times faster than shed kept. The ultimate boat for us was our 55 Pluckebaum. Scarce but AWESOME.

50 Executives are available with 454s. Great boats. Look on the Tennessee river for a shed kept unit. Also check out Montecellos.
    The fries are cold so we gave you extra.

dan, there are 3 50 ft executives on yachtworld. we just bought a 44 executive. it sat for 3 years not being used. it was a dirty mess with alot of repairs to make just from sitting that long but it is huge inside. the 1 floor level and a good cruising speed is great.the only thing i dont like is how high the bow rides when cruising, it throws a wave you could surf on.

Quote Originally Posted by 42gibson View Post
    dan, there are 3 50 ft executives on yachtworld. we just bought a 44 executive. it sat for 3 years not being used. it was a dirty mess with alot of repairs to make just from sitting that long but it is huge inside. the 1 floor level and a good cruising speed is great.the only thing i dont like is how high the bow rides when cruising, it throws a wave you could surf on.
    I have that problem with the kingscraft. I can only run it around 1100 rpms (which is good enough) without throwing a large wake.

+ Reply to Thread