Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your houseboat today.

What did you do to your houseboat today.

Seeing how we are more or less starting from scratch here I though I'd start a new thread that hopefully will generate some activity and perhaps even spark some ideas

Anyway here's what we did.

Pulled from the new houseboat from water for a bottom paint and topside compound/wax.

photo..jpg

We'll also take the old name off, rip the carpet out and getting ready for a bit of a refit..
    Last edited by DitchRider; 07-10-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Put down new floor in bedroom and hall. Always wanted a Mahogany wood floor. Very Happy with the way it turned out. I did not take pictures except of Max. He is my guard Giraffe.

Installing the shower stall and drain today. Woohooo! Maybe by this time next week we will have actual running water, but I wouldn't place large bets. Been too darn hot to work on it.

Took the dinghy off the roof and used an old set of davits to hang it off the back of the boat.

took 1 carb off the old boat and getting it rebuilt for the future new owner,whoever it may be lol

Recarpeted the steps to the upper deck, spent last Thursday and Friday carpeting the front deck (in 104 degree heat)

This is funny, what did you do the houseboat today and we all have something to share! Says something about houseboating, it is a handymans hobby. We put our boat back in the water the 21st of June after being out all winter, added new outboards and some minor updates. Were on the boat over the 4th for 5 days and finished installing the top cover and shade cloth. If it will let me I will post a pic.

Replaced both carbs on the drive engines last week. After sitting for three years before I bought the boat, the old carbs were too gummed up to mess with.

Also had to sweep the top and all the decks off several days in a row due to the storms that blew leaves and twigs all over the boat.

I had to replace my marine air's intake hose because the old one was worn out. Simple enough job, right? No! somehow it developed an air leak and wouldn't suck water from the lake. After asking each neighbor for a tube of calking and finding 3 of 4 dried up, I finally got the air leak somewhat fixed and the air is running again. For some reason, the previous owner put a 5/8" diameter hose on the intake when it should have a 3/4" or 1" HOSE. I still have an air leak somewhere, as the strainer basket still isn't 100% full of water. It's only sitting at 90% full, which still works. How can a stupid hose make this much trouble?!
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

I am going to try and figure out why my water won't work in my kitchen but works fine in the bathroom. Worked perfectly befoere we took it out last weekend. Got back, hooked the water up and no water in kitchen.

Closed Thread