Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 17
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your houseboat today.

I bought it a little tender... an inflatable tandem kayak. We shall see when this latest spate of winter weather passes, just how good an idea that was, but inflated in the living room, it looks like a lot of fun.

What kind did you end up buying? I have been looking at them too and would love some of your thoughts.

I bought a Sea Eagle Fast Track 385 from Inflatableboats4Less.com. Very nice people. On their recommendation, I bought the "classic", i.e., last year's model for cheaper. This year's model is lighter and sleeker looking. I got the kind with the inflatable seats. It was promptly delivered, well-packaged, looks very sturdy, was easy to assemble. Seemed comfortable enough sitting on the living room rug. It feels a lot heavier and bulkier than the advertised 35 pounds, but I think the advertising division did the weighing, and seats, paddles, and repair kit don't count. Not a single-hand launch for this old lady, anyway. Uninflated and folded, it would fit fine in any of several storage lockers, but ready-to-use, there's plenty of room for it on the back deck. I may persuade His Lordship to rig me a couple of pulleys to haul it up to the back deck overhead, out of the way when it's not in use. If it ever gets warmer and the wind dies down, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not a fan of delayed gratification, but it's in the 40s, with a gusty and brisk north wind. Tomorrow isn't supposed to be an improvement, but next week may find me brave enough to venture out. Stand by for hilarious 'Grandmama Tumbles into the Drink' video.
    Last edited by Amelia; 02-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

I decided my old homebuilt skiff with it's 2 hp motor was just too slooooooooow, and it won't take a bigger motor, so I'm TRYING to get a 10' Livingston dinghy/tender, but the dealer is having all kinds of problems... The first motor was too new and the parts to install it weren't available; so I had to settle for their suggestion which is like 17# heavier. Now they can't get IT to work properly. Apparently the motor runs fine, but kicks water into the stern of the boat (not good). GRRRRRR!
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Got a chance to try out the little kayak. Works as advertised. Tracks very straight, easy to paddle. The seats are comfortable enough for me, but I can see we will have to do some seat-modifying/augmenting for Rob's hinky back to be happy for very long. For him, the backrest needs to be taller and wider. I think we can work something out, but it is sure to look weird.

Bill, that sounds frustrating!

I applied walnut veneer to a new settee I am building for my pointy fronted houseboat today. Other than that hour, i went sailing on the other pointy houseboat, the one with some flag poles on the deck. Rained most of the time but it was great
    Houseboater at Heart
    1986 Mainship 36 Dual Cabin Pointed Ended House Boat

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Replaced batteries in DC house system.

Check out the strainer in the end of the galley faucet.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

FINALLY got the new dinghy... after nearly a month!

took both heads out of the boat.threw one away rebuilt the other with a new motor and pump kit. ordered a new jabsco for the main head.when it gets above 50 i'll take out all the carpet and blinds,then paint the entire inside. were putting wood floors in the upper deck and new carpet in the cuddys plus all new custom blinds.that should take care of this years fun money.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Closed Thread