Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your houseboat today.

that thing sure has alot of hatches tony.

I can tell you what I did today on my neighbor's boat. I cursed at it hoping the electric would get fixed!!

Carpet getting ripped out / Ripping out rotten wood

Carpet is getting ripped out now and we are replacing all the wood paneling in the master stateroom.

woohoo

Master stateroom torn down to framing

mastercabin1..JPGmastercabin8..JPGmastercabin7..JPGmastercabin4..JPGmastercabin2..JPG

We tore the master stateroom down to bare wood framing to make some repairs from some long past window leaks... We located some rot in the very far port corner and ripped out all the rot and that unfortunately means that the built in drawers got demolished.

New nearly matching paneling is installed... doesn't look too bad... total cost less than $400...

It's not too bad overall.... Gibson did an good job on making this easy to repair.. We'll be putting brand new panel in and carpeting down tomorrow...

I think that instead of putting the drawers back we'll leave that space open for a nice reading nook and ultra comfy chair... We'll build a custom bed frame with drawers to replace the lost storage.
    Last edited by DitchRider; 07-26-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added images

I fixed my electrical issues!!!!!

Have not done anything so far, but as soon as my plane lands and drive out there I plan to sit up on the roof and have a cold one (or two).

We ended up spending the biggest part of Saturday last weekend cleaning up all the spider doo to an acceptable level. The spiders have been absolutely horrible this year!! After the cleansing I sprayed it all down with Bifen and to our satisfaction on Sunday the only spiders to be found were all the "dead spiders". We're seriously hoping that when we get back to the boat sometime today we can settle right down and enjoy it without having to spend a lot of time chasing cobwebs throughout the entire exterior of the boat.

well lets see. the new boat(to us) arrived 4 hours late tuesday,1/2 block before the ramp the hauler tore the horns and all the wiring for them from the roof.his words were" i thought it looked close".the new gel coat was still tacky when they shipped it,the road grime in it now has to be rubbed out with comet and simple green. the marina said it was the wax coming to the surface that was making it tacky thus the comet and simple green. i hope to have it all done by this weekend.all in all,just another fun week..........lol

Rick,

I am sorry I just missed you the other weekend. Did the hauler pay for the horns?

Thumbs up Ordered a Good F850-C Windlass

After shopping to weeks I decided on the Good F850C anchor windlass and pivoting anchor roller for our 50'er.

Special thanks to Tom at Good Windlass for excellent support and a fair price and excellent service from a Made in the USA company!!!! Way to go and Thanks!!!

Look for pictures as soon as we get it installed and rigged up on M/V DitchRider..

Closed Thread