Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your houseboat today.

Replaced Belts and routine oil change

Yes it is boring but routine maintenance was called for.... belts, oil, filters.

Let's see - so far this off season I:

1. Added a ceiling fan in the den area - what a PITA to snake the wiring.
    2. Replaced the ceiling fan in the rear bedroom.
    3. Replaced the second toilet with a Marine Elegance toilet. Fancy name, but a really good, relatively inexpensive marine toilet.
    4. Replaced the tub glass doors with one of those curved shower rods and a fancy shower curtain.
    5. Replaced the marine radio.
    6. Replaced the backup camera - again a PITA to snake the wiring.

And, had it pulled to replace a $6 transom assembly o-ring to stop a minor but very annoying leak on the starboard engine. Several boat bucks for that one. But, we had the bellows and all that other stuff replaced. So, I am good to go for many years.

Ready for some actual spring weather now.

De-winterized the toliets and stocked the bar, connect up the water lines to the dock next weekend and de-winterize the engines.

Let the season begin!

We just got word our marina will start launching on the 17th. Been a dicey spring so far. Our lake was almost 8 feet below normal and unless it came up about 5 or 6 feet, we weren't going in. But, we got a good rain witht he ground frozen and it is at normal pool levels. Will probably start Friday getting stuff cleaned up and ready. Will probably take portable generator and shampoo carpets etc. Then, the week of launch will load up non-perishable food etc. Day of launch will probably load up the frig and stock the boat with a BUNCH of beer, soda, etc. I try to load up a bunch of stuff like that and store it below to decrease the amount of stuff I have to carry when we go out there. With food, 3 little kids etc it's nice to not have to carry a case of beer and pop.

Can't wait! FINALLY almost here.

we finally got the boat gutted of all the capet and other flooring.my god the staples! everything is painted and we talked to the flooring installer last night. we're going tomorrow to pick out hardwood for the main deck,linoleum for the upper bath and closets ,carpet for the cuddys. hopefully be in the water by mid may.
    Last edited by 42gibson; 04-24-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Yeah - the staples. Been there, done that. I figured that the installers were paid by the staple on the two boats where I pulled them all out.

Replaced our front deck fan with a really cool one called a Haiku. It was a gift from our daughter who works for the company. It's very different looking from normal ceiling fans. The parent company has a VERY unusual name - let me just leave it at that.
    http://www.haikufan.com/info-kit-off...gn=haiku-ppc-B

Chuckle!!! I've seen a couple of those big fans, at an airport I think. Always wondered who made 'em!
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Yes, there is one at our airport plus my employer has a few in the warehouse. I'd love to put about an 8 footer on our upper deck just to get the attention around our dock but only if I could get my kid to pay for it.

For some time now I've been going to make some new logo emblems for our SkipperLiner, I finally got around to doing it.

Here's one of the old emblems:

We repainted the boat quite awhile ago (still have to do the front patio and flybridge!). In my spare time (what's that?) I've been trying to design some easy to make vinyl graphics, swooshes & stuff that will actually fit, since the port side of the boat is mostly windows. Anyway, I wanted my new emblems to be of the newer logo, which I digitized awhile back. I've had some pieces of 1/8" plexiglas mirror kicking around, some 'regular' silver mirror, and some bronze. The regular was so old I couldn't remove the masking so bronze it is!

I didn't want to just stick lettering to the boat, so I made backing plates out of some 1/16" thick black matte acrylic to highlight the lettering and make the whole thing a one-piece unit.

First up is laser cutting the letters and backings--

Now I have to apply some double-sided tape to the letters and stick them to the backing---

--and this is what I ended up with! One down, one to go...

Closed Thread