Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your houseboat today.

pics

it is a 37 foot boatel. here is my first attempt at posting pics
    Attached Images

First time posting but I've lurked for over a year. Didn't do anything "to" my boat, but my wife and I took it out and beached it alone for the first time today. Grilled out as the sun set. Good times!

Bought our Lazy about year ago and have been rennovating it ever since. Finally have it close to finished. Have really enjoyed learning about houseboats by reading this forum. Thanks all!
    1969 Lazy Days

What a grand day, Prof! Thanks for sharing, and welcome!
    We took our 'Lotus Eater', a half-finished home-made houseboat, out for the day for lunch in a secluded creek across the Albemarle Sound, let the visiting relatives kayak, explore waterlily-clogged cypress-swamp edges, fish- (no joy), and drive the boat between closely-spaced crab pots. Like a slalom ski run in very slow motion. Led me to wonder what is it about clearly-marked channels that our crab fishermen do not understand? Everything, would be my guess.

Thanks Amelia -- I've kept up with the Lotus Eater... have enjoyed your updates.

I plan to post some before and after pictures of the Fais-do-do when I get some spare time.
    1969 Lazy Days

Fishing/crabbing/shrimping is always better in the marked channels... I never could understand why.

well the gelcoat finally hardened. there are places on the roof that i rubbed through with the cleanser trying to clean it while it was still tacky and soft.alot of staining on the roof yet. the marina called me and is going to send 2 men up in the fall to fix the problems even if it means doing the whole boat over.i cant ask for anything more than that.

back from my first weekend on the new to me houseboat. didnt get much work done but caught lots of fish. she seems to be pretty solid mechanically just needs some tlc and redecorating i did find a wet area in the bed room that i will have to search out the cause and fix before the recarpet we did do some general cleaning inside and got new bed linens. allready begining to look like a different boat with just this little bit of work. stayed 2.5 days and wish we had bought a houseboat years ago. my current plans for improvment are new carpet and tile thruout, wash compound and wax, only has a porta pottie right now and discharges grey water overboard so i am reserching how to add waste tanks and marine head thinking about putting in a built in seats and table that will convert to another sleeping area where the table and chairs are now.also want to have new marble or granite look (aka fake) countertops and new fixtures. of course i cant afford all thes improvements at once . the leak and toilet situation are the priority right now the rest will just have to be done as finances allow. we think we have decided on a name for the boat. it is located on watts bar lake in tn. we are thinking of calling it "watts up dock" took some new pics but dont have them off the camera yet will post when i get them on the computer. any comments sugestions etc will be appreciated as i am brand new to houseboating only owned one for 5 days so far I hope to learn from the experienced people here.

Quote Originally Posted by mike d View Post
    back from my first weekend on the new to me houseboat. didnt get much work done but caught lots of fish. she seems to be pretty solid mechanically just needs some tlc and redecorating i did find a wet area in the bed room that i will have to search out the cause and fix before the recarpet we did do some general cleaning inside and got new bed linens. allready begining to look like a different boat with just this little bit of work. stayed 2.5 days and wish we had bought a houseboat years ago. my current plans for improvment are new carpet and tile thruout, wash compound and wax, only has a porta pottie right now and discharges grey water overboard so i am reserching how to add waste tanks and marine head thinking about putting in a built in seats and table that will convert to another sleeping area where the table and chairs are now.also want to have new marble or granite look (aka fake) countertops and new fixtures. of course i cant afford all thes improvements at once . the leak and toilet situation are the priority right now the rest will just have to be done as finances allow. we think we have decided on a name for the boat. it is located on watts bar lake in tn. we are thinking of calling it "watts up dock" took some new pics but dont have them off the camera yet will post when i get them on the computer. any comments sugestions etc will be appreciated as i am brand new to houseboating only owned one for 5 days so far I hope to learn from the experienced people here.

Looks like Caney Creek I may run into you sometime.
    Capn Morgan

it is caney creek

Cool pics of my first weekend on boat

use this link to view
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e502aea318
    may have to copy and past to your browser

Closed Thread