Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your houseboat today.

Thanks it is a 1999 50' Cabin Yacht..

Thanks for the compliment!
    Last edited by DitchRider; 08-27-2012 at 03:53 AM.

Yesterday: Under the warning of a 5' storm surge, moved the RETREAT away from the dock with several anchors and longer than normal mooring lines. Turned out to be much ado about not very much; no surge, not much wind here on Tampa Bay. Today I have to go raise all the anchors with the dinghy and move everything back... Grrrr. better to be safe than sorry though.

Being a new houseboater, in the last 7 days, I have completed the purchase of my new 1987 62' Hilburn. I also arraigned for the seller, the inspector, the transporter and myself to meet for the marine inspection (passed with flying colors), paid the seller ($$$), and watched the transporter load her out of Herrington Lake in Kentucky and haul her up to her winter home (on land) in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have measured for new blinds/curtains, picked out new decor, picked out a color scheme and started looking into marine satelite tv! Also trying to sell my Trojan Express Cruiser so I can fund some of these remodel projects. I think I'm going to like this Houseboating Stuff! Wish me Luck!!!!

After being gone for 7 weeks, I finally made it home about 2 weeks ago. When I was there, I removed the dinette table which is a thick oak frame around a plywood insert. The insert had pink Formica. I removed the formica from the plywood and replaced it with white Formica. I gave the frame to my old woodworking business and am paying them to strip it. I will refinish it in the natural color. I also took the blue cushions to an upholsterer and had them recovered in white vinyl.
    Hopefully, when I get home in another 5 weeks, I can finish off the dinette. For those of you that know me, I am referrring to the newer pointy houseboat. The one without the giant flag poles.
    Hopefully, we can move aboard by the end of the year. If life was normal, we would be able to but this year, all I do is work - not that I am complaining about the extra income before I retire next year. That will just set our plans behind about 2 months. We have not, and don't foresee our plans to motor up to Ky. Lake as changing.
    Houseboater at Heart
    1986 Mainship 36 Dual Cabin Pointed Ended House Boat

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Picked up a larger Delta anchor at the local Nautical Flea Market.
    Picked up a new West Marine Tortola 13.0 Kayak... Now have two ...yaks on board.

Like Tony, I now have a pointy end houseboat !!! This one is in much better shape structurally than the Nautaline, but its All original. Did I mention it's a '76 model?? Picture orange shag carpet and velvet cushions!! Well, I ripped out all the peeling paneling and as much of the carpet as I could by hand. Next time I'll bring a heat gun to help get all the carpet off the walls. Also got the port ehgine running and srayed 4 cans of WD-40 in the starboard engine cylinders!!

Jolly Time

Congrats on your hippy hut. Orange shag brings back lots of memories. For some reason, orange shag became the flavor of the day. Had that in my old VW micro bus.
    Houseboater at Heart
    1986 Mainship 36 Dual Cabin Pointed Ended House Boat

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Removed port side railing on my 83 Gibson 44. Cleaned the deck and the feet of the railing. Used 4200 to fill the screw holes and make a small bed of caulk for each foot and reattached to the boat. Took about 2 hours. Did find some rot so will end up having to redo railing when I redo deck

This will teach the wife not to let me go drinking with someone thats selling his boat.

Peeled all the decals on the gibson

Took off all the decals on the Gibson... they took a beating over the past few years baking in the Florida sun..

I was quoted $2K by the local decal shop to redo them in stickers. Opted to paint them in Awlgrip instead.. cost will be $600.

I promise before and after pics to follow.

I love rehabbing boats.

Closed Thread