Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your houseboat today.

I plan on finishing hooking up my battery monitor tonight. We'll see how that goes.

"today" , like most weekdays lately I'm at home, at work. But I have done a few things this SEASON:

fixed the roof over our bedroom-

got a new bar & chairs for the upper deck--

Found a broken "T" in the pex waterline, the hot side to the bathroom sink. It was leaking along the edge of starboard side hull about midship, and the water ended up at the front bulkhead-- scared the hell outta me, thought we'd sprung a leak! All fixed--

Before fixing the leak I decided I needed some better light in the basement, so I installed a pair of 4" florescent fixtures. It's like blazing sunlight down there now compared to the single 60w bulb that's been down there forever!

Last weekend I started sanding on the flybridge, it's all that's left to do with the repaint (that I started 2 years ago!)
    Last edited by Frantically Relaxing; 07-13-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: sig test
    1988 SkipperLiner 53x14
    1995 Tracker Party Cruiser 32 *for sale*
    2003 Chaparral 260 SSI
    2000 Allegro Bus 40' DP

Worked on it. What else does one do with a boat????

We spent 9 days on the houseboat in the Mojave Desert over the 4th of July week. Amazingly cool, with temperatures barely reaching 100 degrees, which is unusual for us this time of year. Worked on the outdrive, and pressure washed the whole boat. I forgot to use my spinning brush to hit the sides of the boat. It works very well at removing that chalky residue from the fiberglass. Then, of course I would need to wax it right away. Maybe that's why I forgot!

Be sure to use a wax-safe-soap when washing the boat. If you don't, the soap can strip the wax you just paid big $$ to put on there off and allow for the nice chalky junk to start showing. I bought Mequire's Boat Wash. It's gentle enought that it won't strip the wax. So far, so good.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Super Moderator
    Put a new bilge pump on.

They will have all the posts you made on the old forum up soon. Everything will be the same as to how long a member etc.

Boat bottom got finished and the Gibson is splashed

Next we'll be ripping out the old carpet and putting fresh carpet and furniture....

Then I get to hunt for a new bimini for the flybridge and a few other minor repairs.

IMG_0293..jpgIMG_0290..jpgIMG_0291..jpgIMG_0292..jpg

well the last carb is done and back on. the boat is running very very good. the other boat we just bought( 44 gibson executive) is still in knoxville getting the bottom done and having the decks and roof gelcoat sanded off and re-applied. hopefully it will get here this summer.

Replaced a 20 yr old Raritan Crown head with a new Marine Elegance. Pretty easy install. Quieter, uses half the amps, and will flat process the "stuff" that goes in it.

Ripped up the Carpet

On the newer houseboat - the one without the flag pole, I ripped up the carpet in the main salon
    Attached Images
    Houseboater at Heart
    1986 Mainship 36 Dual Cabin Pointed Ended House Boat

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Closed Thread