Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Very Unhappy with Gibson Boats parts and support

Very Unhappy with Gibson Boats parts and support

As the owner of a Gibson (used) and a potential purchaser of a new boat from Gibson in the next couple of months I need to express some extreme dissatisfaction and disappointment with Gibson's parts department.

I've called Bill at Gibson parts several times over the past month to order parts.. Despite being promised emails and follow up.. I am not getting anywhere.. I can't even get a quote or price on some items. No emails, no call backs. nothing. This despite many calls and emails.

Is Gibson going out of business? Seems like it.. if not may I suggest that they get their act together and start providing some support for their product. Their lack of response really gives a negative meaning to the term, "made in America."

Signed a VERY ticked off Gibson owner.
    Last edited by DitchRider; 08-05-2012 at 03:10 PM.

I own a Gibson and have found the same. What service I have been able to get has been by phone.
    1986 Gibson 50'
    Twin 454 Crusaders
    Monroe Reservoir, Bloomington, IN

I thought I read on the old forum that Gibson had laid off pretty much everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JTAlberts View Post
    I thought I read on the old forum that Gibson had laid off pretty much everyone.
    I couldn't find a reference (have a link?).. It certainly would explain quite a bit... You'd figure that they would chase every dollar in that case. Maybe it's the end of the line for them.
    Last edited by DitchRider; 08-06-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added some text

I can't find it either. 42Gibson had visited the plant and he might have told me on the phone. He mentioned they only had 1 finished boat and 2 that were in a stage of production that weren't going to be completed. Hopefully he can elaborate on what he was told by them.

Sounds like a good reason to move away from the brand.

we did visit the plant in june and it was closed. they laid everyone off except bill surface in parts and one other guy running around in the office. there was 3 boats inside. they sold the 55 and one 50 since.that leaves one 50 left not finished. bill surface gave us a tour of the closed facility and was very pleasant.everyone is right though,they will not return calls for parts requests and if you do get them on the phone its always " i'll get right back to you" but it never happens. in the last month i've called for 2 different things and did not get either or a return call. it kind of tells you why their closed.
    Last edited by 42gibson; 09-09-2012 at 04:58 PM.

I remember getting an email from a salesman/IT director..... Glad I didn't buy a new boat then.... Seems like Gibson is a dying company.. Shame really... who would be the replacement?

a used pluckebaum is the answer. all aluminum and lots of support from the company when its needed,very nice people.

Hmm... not a fan of aluminum and salt water....

+ Reply to Thread