Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Bye Old Forum

Good Bye Old Forum

I understand why the old Forum has been laid to rest, and the new has been born.

However, it does sadden me to know that all the old posts, and old friends, some of who have pasted, are no longer available to search, and bump for old time sakes.

I will never forget Ted655, and Rusty aka the Judge.

And then there was Dave, one of my mentors in the HB rental biz.

Who do you remember, and miss?

I'll miss Ted, and Joel Theim, and some others I can't name offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Stmbtwle View Post
    Joel Theim,
    Yep, he was a fun one to watch, and then get to know. He was here in Pensacola for many weeks, recovering, and getting courage to move on. I sure wish Ted could have written his story, that would have been a great one!!!

My understanding is that the old forum will still be available but unfortunately we won't be able to post or add to it..... But there still may be a viable option available and maybe even advisable if a thread is worthy ..... Cross link it to here..... An example.

Why I Love This Forum

Fact is where is Tony he hasn't posted in awhile...

Super Moderator
    There was an English admiral who lived in Canada I think he passed, he was in intelligence after 911. We can put some of the old threads on by linking them

Joel Theim and I are friends on Facebook, he is a Realtor in Rochester, Minnesota. I great guy for sure.

Fred

Of course, Ted655 was wonderful. That boy could really turn a phrase. Joel's adventure, much of it singlehanded, IIRC, was simply amazing. And JJohnson. He passed through Elizabeth City, solo in his homemade houseboat southbound from the northern reaches of the Chesapeake. Not sure what's become of him, but interesting guy with some great ideas, some of which we have adopted. We spent a pleasant rainy winter afternoon aboard his adorable boat hearing his tales of nautical derring do. Windy weather finally let up, he made his way across the Albemarle Sound and down the AICW. Last I heard, was spending at least part of the winter in Myrtle Beach.

+ Reply to Thread