houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate

Thread: Does anybody actually travel in there houseboat?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by GJSmith View Post
    Miller Tyme may I ask what type of boat was the 05 trip in and what type of speed do figure you were averaging. Seems you were doing about 83-84 miles a day.
    It was a 52' Monticello with twin EFI 454's, we planed our stops based on where to get fuel and overnight dockage. The longest leg was Golconda Ill.- Evansville In, approx 125 miles, I believe one of the runs was only 65 miles. The pre-planning was a great advantage because we brought it up 5 days after Katrina hit and fuel on the river was very hard to find, but we had plotted every fueling point on the river and anytime we needed at least 50 gallons we would stop and check to see if they had any, (which better than 1/2 didn't). except for the Golconda/Evansville run I ran @ 1800/2000 rpm which ploted on my GPS at between 8.3 to 9.7 MPH and burned about 1gal/mile. between Gol/Evans we ran 2500rpm ( Ohio was running fast due to Green River flooding) and burned about 2gal/mile. Except for that leg the river was at pool and little to no current.
    All and All a great trip.

Last edited by Miller Tyme; 09-06-2012 at 06:25 PM.