Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Visited Norris Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Jwax View Post
    I'm glad you liked my boat. My wife and I were the ones sitting out front when you walked through and we are proud of it and love Norris. It was good to meet you and your family. I hope your son enjoyed his first UT game.
    I sent you a private message last week. Hopefully you got it?
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by easttnboater View Post
    Norris stores a lot of water - 1.1 million acre feet. They also bounce it up and down about 30 feet a year. I am on South Holston. It is also deep and clear - two thirds of its shoreline is in the Cherokee National Forest. They bounce it up and down about 24 feet a year.
    what lakes in Ky, Tenn., or Alabama does not lower lake levels drastically in winter? I live at Rough River Lake, Ky now and they lower winter pool to extreme!

TVA only lowers Watauga about 7 feet or so. You can go to TVA.COM and they show the projections for all of their lakes. The Corps website is not as informative.

TVA fluctuates their lakes for flood control and to keep the TN river running high enough for barge traffic. Recreation is down the list on their priorities.

Barkley and Kentucky lakes lower 4' to 5' in the winter.

that is the best I have info on so far-do they allow live aboards? I sent you my email to send me boat picts-did you get it in messages?

Quote Originally Posted by Fork-lift-king View Post
    Barkley and Kentucky lakes lower 4' to 5' in the winter.

Barkley and Kentucky are Corps of Engineer lakes. It is my understanding that the Corps has a 30 day at a time, then you have to leave the boat for a day rule. However, I can not find that rule in writing. It is also up to the marinas, they can disallow it even if the Corps allows it.

I am on Corps lake now in Ky-hope bigger lakes not so restricted as this one. I'm not on houseboat though- they have them here but really need bigger lake for them. I have time to research lake I want to end up on as we have to sell house first. Was hoping farther south to get away from snow and cold but climate change is making that impossible anywhere in usa now. I could handle one day off boat a month, but prefer to do everything legal. Thanks for info

Quote Originally Posted by easttnboater View Post
    Barkley and Kentucky are Corps of Engineer lakes. It is my understanding that the Corps has a 30 day at a time, then you have to leave the boat for a day rule. However, I can not find that rule in writing. It is also up to the marinas, they can disallow it even if the Corps allows it.

+ Reply to Thread