Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingscraft owners and fans

Congrats, KC55. We have a 1975 44' KC on the Ohio in Cincinnati. We bought it in 2007. We love the boat. Ours has twin 318s and a 7.5 Kohler generator. There is a local guy in Cincy who works for the Kohler rep and does marine generator repair on the side. He works on a lot of the boats at our harbor. He did the recall repair on ours last year. If you are interested in contacting him, let me know.

Ed

Let me know if this works

Here is a link http://imageshack.us/g/1/9821252/ to some pics, please let me know if you can see and if the quality is OK.

Ed K - Thanks, I look forward to meeting you. I'll PM you. I want to see your boat.

JTAlberts - Hope these will do till we can get some really good befores

These two weeks are going to crreeeeeeeep by

PS and these http://imageshack.us/g/1/9821535/
    Last edited by KC55; 10-19-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added additional link
    1974 Kingscraft 55x15
    1987 Ebbtide 190 Catalina Open Bow w/Mercruiser V8

http://www.kingscrafthouseboats.com

the boat looks great kc, the only problem i see is that you need to stop that big i just bought my dream boat smile before you hurt yourself.....lol

Lost my smile, for a little while

Well, I got a scare for a while today. My Ins agent calls this morning and says my coverage has been refused. I was not a happy camper, and I let him know it. He had forgot to ask me a question on the application (we did it over the phone) and he said that I was being refused. Not having years of experience, it is hard to get a policy where they don't charge you 2 arms and 2 legs. Seriously. After a flurry of calls and many apologies they were able to work things out. When buying the boat, I thought I had done everything right, current survey, sea trial, out of water inspection, getting insurance bound on the boat, lining up transportation, not to mention doing my homework before hand. The 2-3 hours of calls and waiting and uncertainty was upsetting. I know there will be ups and downs, I just didn't think I was going to completely have the rug pulled out from under me so soon. My wife suggested to let things work out, it was good advice. I will count this as a learning experience.

I'm supposed to go and test drive a 18' Starcraft tonight. I hope it goes well, I like the boat.

I'm still working on the brochures and factory documentation, I'll post it as soon as I can.

Still smiling
    KC55
    1974 Kingscraft 55x15

Long week

The KC is supposed to get picked up in Minn. on the 30th or 31st. We are hoping to see it no later than Fri. It will be good in that my wife has not laid eyes on it yet and we can get started on making it our own. We are truly looking forward to this.

The Starcraft we were supposed to test drive the other day fell through (when I told the guy I was going to have a mechanic check it out, he decided he wasn't interested in selling it anymore). So, we kept looking and today we made a deposit on a 18' bowrider Ebbtide with a V8 Mercruiser motor. It is an 87, but I thoroughly checked out the hull, floor, and transom and it is in excellent shape. The sale is contingent on a sea trial (do you call it that for a runabout?) we will have within a week.

I am still trying to figure out the best way to show all the papers and documentation I received on Kingscraft boats with our HB purchase. I am leaning toward getting a website to just record our story and make Kingscraft information available as I uncover it.

When the KC (Empty Nestin') gets here I will let you know. This will be a long week

BUT FUN!

KC55
    1974 Kingscraft 55x15

did you buy it in red wing mn.?

Quote Originally Posted by 42gibson View Post
    did you buy it in red wing mn.?
    42gibson - No, it was not that one, it was the other one on Craigslist up there. Unfortunately I found out today my hauler is stuck in Nebraska trying to get another boat out of the water on a snow covered ramp. I will probably not see my boat here at home in Indiana until the end OF NEXT WEEK. Oh well, if I had wanted nothing but fun and relaxation I wouldn't have bought 2 boats.

I'm still smilin'

KC55
    1974 Kingscraft 55x15

lol, i have 2 houseboats. 1 wrecked ,the other still in the water till mid november. trust me, you have plenty of time this winter to get everything done. you'll love doing it. maybe by the time its gets here it'll be warm again.

KC55,
    What do you think of the idea of collaborating on a website dedicated to KC houseboat information, documentation, etc. I am willing to help in whatever manner to make it happen. Let's see what JTAlbert has to say about the idea. There are similar sites dedicated to specific boats; Marinette, Chris Craft Commander and others.

I have pretty limited documentation, but would be willing to scan and post what I have. I have fairly comprehensive docs on Chrysler engines and the Kohler 7.5 generator set.

I'm up for it.

+ Reply to Thread