View Full Version : Is a Bill of Sale all I need in Pa.?

11-30-2016, 03:58 PM
New to houseboats in general and considering a used HB. I'm in Pennsylvania and wondering what documentation is required should I buy a used HB..... bill of sale is obviously something I'd want, but do these things have titles? I have no clue and thought this would be the place to ask. Thanks! Gary

12-01-2016, 03:25 AM
all I've ever bought has had a title

12-01-2016, 06:26 AM
My intention is to buy a 'well used' fixer upper on the cheap side and put it on a private farm pond (my own) as a "floating guest cabin". So I'm wondering what the ramifications might be if I buy an undocumented HB. Would a 'bill of sale' be enough for this purpose as it will never see navigable waters? Also, would there be any reason to register it with State of Pa.?

12-01-2016, 06:59 AM
It depends on the state. That being said, if it is going to be on your private farm pond, I don't see why you need to register it at all.

12-01-2016, 10:59 AM
No need to regiter, it is not going anywhere. Here is the link for Pa. registration