Some of you may remember my post about our SkipperLiner, victim of stray current corrosion.

Here's the deal as of now. A lot of the steel is pockmarked by the corrosion, many areas are "light", much of it not very deep, certainly not deep enough to warrant hacking out the steel and welding in new pieces. And even where I will be hacking and replacing, as with the pockmarked areas, I've decided to use kitty hair epoxy filler to level these areas. I have several gallons of the stuff, and I also have several gallons of coal tar epoxy...

So here's my question(s):

I'll be sandblasting these areas, immediately followed by.... What? Can I coal-tar epoxy the bare metal, then do the filler,
OR,
Should I do the filler over the bare metal, THEN coal tar epoxy?

I'm thinking coal tar first, as it will definitely protect the steel, and since it and the filler are both epoxies, it seems to me that adding the filler over a coat of just-barely-set-up coal tar should work fine....

But I'm not sure? I'm pretty sure that the glass over bare steel should be okay, but again, not sure. The entire hull will get a couple or 3 coats of coal tar after all the repairs regardless...

And I'm also considering Rhino Lining after that, then Pettit Unepoxy over THAT...

??