I'm looking to add or possibly replace the steps or ladder from the stateroom that allow one access to the aft deck through the stateroom window. Are they called stairs? steps? ladder?

My husband is willing to build us some, but I thought I would check pricing before he started building in order to compare however I am unable to find anything with my current terminology searches.