houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise


The House Boat Forum will be closing soon. New posting has been disabled.

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Ladder/s plastic (?) end pieces are deteriorating. Where to find replacements

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Ladder/s plastic (?) end pieces are deteriorating. Where to find replacements

    On a 1985 HM 37 CB, my ladders to mid-upper deck and to upper helm have a plastic insert thats stabalizes the steps. They are all deteriorating. Not able to find mfgr of ladders and can't find similar part replacements on internet. Looking for suggestions. Thanks to all. Jan

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bamby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Near Wheeling W.V.
    Without seeing anything and without additional information it's hard to suggest a solution. Fabrication may be your best and only real choice in this case. Are the inserts easily removed? Maybe pull them and then replace them with hot glue which is available in various colors. Once cooled hot glue very well may prove to be a sturdier fix than the ladders were as new.
    Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

    Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Dayton, OH
    There's a product you might try..."InstaMorph", moldable plastic. You just heat it up in 140* hot water and mold it to whatever form you want. When it cools it's some pretty sturdy stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts