Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pluckebaum Progress

Pluckebaum Progress

I haven't posted since I got the boat home this spring as I have been busy with the rehab as well as life in general.

Overall things are going well. The boat is one level and I gutted it completely to the studs on the main floor. There was some rotted flooring that I have to replace but overall things were in decent shape for a boat that basically sat in the water for the last 5 years.

I removed all 12 volt and 120 volt wiring from the boat. The service on the boat prior was 50 amp 120volt. In order to install a full boat Air Conditioner, I am upgrading the service to 50 amp 240 volt. I finally got the 12 volt 95% completed and I will finish the last pieces when I install the toilet and finish the plumbing later this fall.

I have the main AC panel installed and I will be running all the power legs throughout the boat in the coming weeks. After I run those legs, I will start to frame in the walls.

The major work that I have with the boat requires me to haul the boat out of the water. I will be installing a larger generator in the boat as the current one wont be able to support the Air Conditioner/heater and the intake for the current genset is only 1/2". The new generators require 1" intakes and the geothermal unit I plan on installing requires a 1" intake as well. I will need to get these welded into the boat.

Here is a link to my google photo album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DKLCixJJTWFGBFCg7

There is a lot of old school tech on that boat. It is great to see that you are bringing her back to life.

That is big job!!

wow lots of work but looks like it will be beautiful!

+ Reply to Thread