houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas to all!

And our best wishes for a wonderful 2020.

Our Hero has retired. Again. After most of a year of my country doc pretending to be a pediatrician full-time, his colleagues are back in good health and full strength, and I can have my houseboat builder/skipper back. THIS summer I hope to see beyond the end of my own dock. Last year we snatched a day here and a weekend there for 'glamping' in our pretty back-of-beyond, the Albemarle Sound and its tributaries, but time for real cruising proved elusive. Maybe, if I hide the phone so he can't say, "Why sure," it'll work better.
    The most intractable problem this year has been trying to find somebody who is able to track down problems with the engine monitors sending information to the instruments. Or rather, NOT sending/receiving said information. No rpms, and other nice-to-know stuff. The Yamaha 60s run like happy sewing machines. Three experts and an amateur have come and gone, shrugging their shoulders.

We are delighted to expect a good many visiting Christmas merry-makers, 14 at last count, so some hardy souls, probably Himself and I, will decamp to the floating guesthouse rocking at our backyard dock, and enjoy the snug comfort of the best bed we own. Hoping for mild weather!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Amelia; 12-21-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Merry Christmas to everyone! Not going to boat during this season as we have in the past even though this is the first winter in a decade with full boat heat. Hope many get to spend a Christmas on their boat and enjoy the season!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was great, except the sunny and 60+ degree weather had us longing to be on the boat. We do plan to ring in the New Year on our boat, even though the temps will be closer to normal winter. Anybody else planning to spend New Years on their boat?

Happy New Year Mimi!! And All!!

+ Reply to Thread