Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: It is a done deal

It is a done deal

I am officially retiring April 3rd, 2020. Our house has sold - we are moving out this Thursday and closing next Thursday.

We will split our time between our houseboat and our RV.

Congratulations!! Have fun and post some of the stories.

Congratulations! I wish you many great days on the water!!

Full timers, hmmmm.

I guess part timer on land and part timer on water.

That is cool!!!

House closed and the money is in the bank.

I spent last week on my houseboat prepping it to be a full time home. There are some "liveability" issues that are different if you are spending a weeks vacation on the boat vs living on it for months at a time.

30 work days left.

Quote Originally Posted by easttnboater View Post
    House closed and the money is in the bank.

I spent last week on my houseboat prepping it to be a full time home. There are some "liveability" issues that are different if you are spending a weeks vacation on the boat vs living on it for months at a time.

30 work days left.
    Exciting times! We retired in 2018. While not living on the boat, we have enjoyed extended stays on it and the freedom to simply decide to stay another week (thanks to Amazon deliveries of coffee and cat food to the dock!)

Long range plans are to winter in Florida and live aboard Spring - Fall. I am interested in hearing more about the "liveability" issues you are working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpo55 View Post
    Exciting times! We retired in 2018. While not living on the boat, we have enjoyed extended stays on it and the freedom to simply decide to stay another week (thanks to Amazon deliveries of coffee and cat food to the dock!)

Long range plans are to winter in Florida and live aboard Spring - Fall. I am interested in hearing more about the "liveability" issues you are working on.

Which part of Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpo55 View Post

As big a boat as it is, it is somewhat short on closet space. It had a full jetted tub that I have removed and am converting that space into a closet. I also need to replace the flooring in the bathrooms.

The marina where I am does not provide water during the winter, so I am installing a filtration system to pull water from the lake. The lake water is actually very clean, but, as expected, it does have some bacteria in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaTom View Post
    Which part of Florida?
    We are not sure yet. Shooting for an active living community with lots to do.

Both of those are interesting projects. Please keep us posted. I like work-in-progress photos if you care to share some. My wife would love to have a tub on our boat and would not let me pull it if we did. Closet/storage space will be an issue on our boat when we start staying for months at a time. One of our cuddies ends up being temporary storage when we don't have guests. That may end up getting converted to a office/hobby area.

+ Reply to Thread