Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It is a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpo55 View Post
    We are not sure yet. Shooting for an active living community with lots to do.
    Well, there are allot of places like that.
    My personal favorite, if I was a Snow Bird, is Naples.
    I love it there, and it is not crowded like so many other places.

Actually Bonita Springs, just north of Naples.

And then there is "The Villages"
    Central Florida, at the start of the turnpike and I-75.
    It is a retirement City, built just for that.
    Everyone drive a Club Cart in that city.

There is also a nice community on the East end of Key Largo, I for get the name right now, but folks there have "Upscale Club Carts" like 57 Chevys and Rolls Royce lookalikes.

Of course, I love living in Pensacola, we have seasons, like winter and stuff.
    A nice mixture of boating opertunities to Offshore, Near Shore, Interior salt water and fresh water rivers.
    Last edited by BananaTom; 02-19-2020 at 04:29 PM.

I have ripped out the big jetted tub. I still have to demo out all of the mirrors that surrounded it. After that, I have to put up some sliding closet doors. But, I need to lay the LVP in the bathroom first. All of that will commence in late May after we get back from our first RV trip.

I used this product as the primary filtration - https://www.clearsourcerv.com/produc...-filter-system. I am still playing with the right filter combination to get all of the bacteria with just filters. Right now I am adding 1 oz per 75 gallons of water after all of the filtration (50 micron, 5 micron with carbon, and 2 micron with carbon) to kill the remaining bacteria. I have a ceramic filter that takes out everything down to .5 micron that I am going to try next. However, it requires at least 30 PSI to work, so I have to change the pump I am using to pull water from the lake. I will finalize that when I am back to the boat at the end of March.

Good luck. Welcome to retirement. I've been retired since Oct 2004. Love it. We are full time RVers. A lot like living on a boat without the danger of sinking (LOL). I hope you enjoy it. Sounds like you have your hands full with the boat project. Take your time and do it right.
    Peter D. EIkenberry
    http://newboatbuilders.com
    Don't tell I can't. Tell me how I can.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaTom View Post
    Well, there are allot of places like that.
    My personal favorite, if I was a Snow Bird, is Naples.
    I love it there, and it is not crowded like so many other places.

Actually Bonita Springs, just north of Naples.

And then there is "The Villages"
    Central Florida, at the start of the turnpike and I-75.
    It is a retirement City, built just for that.
    Everyone drive a Club Cart in that city.

There is also a nice community on the East end of Key Largo, I for get the name right now, but folks there have "Upscale Club Carts" like 57 Chevys and Rolls Royce lookalikes.

Of course, I love living in Pensacola, we have seasons, like winter and stuff.
    A nice mixture of boating opertunities to Offshore, Near Shore, Interior salt water and fresh water rivers.
    Thanks for the information. We have friends who own in The Villages. We've been twice and were very impressed. We also have friends who winter in their RV at Naples. They have talked us in to visiting there also.

+ Reply to Thread