houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Welcome New Members (well, most of them)

  1. #1
    Administrator Zilpo55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lake Cumberland, KY
    Posts
    180

    Welcome New Members (well, most of them)

    I am pleased to report that the IT team recently corrected an issue that was preventing new users from signing up to this forum. We are already seeing new activity. Unfortunately, not all of it is good. Spammers and scammers seem to be very interested in this site, and I've already deleted a few posts.

    New members, please keep posts and classifieds related to boating and the houseboating lifestyle. Everyone watch out for suspicious posts and BE CAREFUL before you click on links within new articles.

  2. #2
    Moderator BananaTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilpo55 View Post
    I am pleased to report that the IT team recently corrected an issue that was preventing new users from signing up to this forum. We are already seeing new activity. Unfortunately, not all of it is good. Spammers and scammers seem to be very interested in this site, and I've already deleted a few posts.

    New members, please keep posts and classifieds related to boating and the houseboating lifestyle. Everyone watch out for suspicious posts and BE CAREFUL before you click on links within new articles.


    That has been a problem for sometime, I would always alert Pirate when I would get a new member request.

  3. #3
    Administrator Zilpo55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lake Cumberland, KY
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaTom View Post
    That has been a problem for sometime, I would always alert Pirate when I would get a new member request.
    I would appreciate getting alerts also. It shouldn't be too much trouble to control and worth it to keep this forum moving.

  4. #4
    Moderator BananaTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilpo55 View Post
    I would appreciate getting alerts also. It shouldn't be too much trouble to control and worth it to keep this forum moving.
    Like you know, I received PM's from people trying to become members.
    I guess, because they saw I was active, and thought I was a Moderator or something.

    So yes, If any more are received, be rest assured; I will forward them to you.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bamby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Near Wheeling W.V.
    Posts
    342
    You know I miss the random thread that used to run on the old forum before it was outlawed by some members here. But at least when it was running people who trolled through even though they didn't wont or need to open a topic would still often drop a bit of chitchat or wisdom to the thread as they passed through. This place needs some or any action......
    Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

    Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

  6. #6
    Moderator BananaTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamby View Post
    You know I miss the random thread that used to run on the old forum before it was outlawed by some members here. But at least when it was running people who trolled through even though they didn't wont or need to open a topic would still often drop a bit of chitchat or wisdom to the thread as they passed through. This place needs some or any action......
    Which one are you talking about?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bamby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Near Wheeling W.V.
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaTom View Post
    Which one are you talking about?
    I can't actually recall the actual name the thread was under it was posted in the old forum. But it started out about something small and ended up rambling on it seemed forever. The issue was that the thread actually included a lot of useful information that was scrambled about in the thread and some members wanted to review the information to refresh their memory and they couldn't figure out how to find it.

    So some here got together and got the thread closed / locked and mandated such random threads were banded. And at least to me it seems interest in this forum dropped off a cliff. It seemed most everybody passed a bit of wisdom on passing through on that thread then.... now people pass through and post absolutely nothing.
    Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

    Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

  8. #8
    Moderator BananaTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamby View Post
    I can't actually recall the actual name the thread was under it was posted in the old forum. But it started out about something small and ended up rambling on it seemed forever. The issue was that the thread actually included a lot of useful information that was scrambled about in the thread and some members wanted to review the information to refresh their memory and they couldn't figure out how to find it.

    So some here got together and got the thread closed / locked and mandated such random threads were banded. And at least to me it seems interest in this forum dropped off a cliff. It seemed most everybody passed a bit of wisdom on passing through on that thread then.... now people pass through and post absolutely nothing.
    I just can not remember that.
    No Problem

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts