houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boating Industry In Trouble?

Boating Industry In Trouble?

The current pandemic crisis has tanked our economy is just a few short weeks. Whether we are in a full blown recession and how long it will last remains to be seen. Being a boating addict, I keep thinking about what effect this will have on the boating industry. The houseboat manufacturing industry never fully recovered from the 2008 recession. The companies that survived did so by greatly scaling down their capacity. Sumerset, Thoroughbred, and Stardust are now all built under one roof.

My wife and I were able to buy a much nicer boat for our budget near the end of the recession. I think it will again be rough going for the used houseboat market. A couple on our dock has a new custom houseboat on order and still need to sell their old one.

Having said all that, does anybody care to make any predictions? Will all this change your boating plans?

It is way too early to know what we are in store for, with this crazy world we now live in.
    The biggest prediction I can make is: I am trying to survive this Pandemic

You are right BananaTom. I hope everyone can get through this safe and healthy.

+ Reply to Thread