houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh Water

Fresh Water

Hello, I purchased a 1987 Holiday Mansion and I am having a couple problems. When I connect fresh water to it from the dock I can't get any water. If I fill the freshwater tank it works fine. I replaced the pump for the fresh water but not sure if there is a switch somewhere to turn it on? Also my bathroom toilet will not fill with water? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome Aboard!!

Been a long time since I as on HM, but I believe the Head / Toilet uses lake water, not your potable water.
    I can not remember how the potable water worked under shore water pressure.
    Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by wdb1264 View Post
    Hello, I purchased a 1987 Holiday Mansion and I am having a couple problems. When I connect fresh water to it from the dock I can't get any water. If I fill the freshwater tank it works fine. I replaced the pump for the fresh water but not sure if there is a switch somewhere to turn it on? Also my bathroom toilet will not fill with water? Any help would be appreciated.
    Welcome!

I have a Stardust boat, but every houseboat I have been on used lake water for the toilets. My two toilets are Raritan and each has a dedicated pump that pulls from the lake each flush. What brand and model toilet do you have?

The freshwater pump should have an on/off switch. Mine is on the captains console. Trace your plumbing in the hold. There should also be a valve that routes water either to fill your tanks or directly to the faucets and showers. One last suggestion; if your boat was winterized, the water intake line may be disconnected.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread