houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bathroom exhaust fan

Bathroom exhaust fan

My current bath fans exhaust through the roof, which kind of takes up a lot of valuable upper deck space. Has anyone seen a bathroom exhaust fan that is more like a residential fan that I can exhaust through the side wall?

I have about 4 inches of height in the roof joist so it can't be too tall.

I have 110 volts available on the boat, but would rather run the fan at 12 volts for efficiency and to use the existing 12v wall switch and in-wall wiring.

If worse comes to worse, I could build my own with computer cooling fans. Still an off the shelf fan would be a lot easier.

Does anyone have experience buying or building a bathroom exhaust fan?

Our friends' 2004 Sumerset has household style exhaust fans that vent through the side. I'm almost sure they are 120V. The external vents come out the wall very near the roof line.

We are having our ceilings replaced this fall, and I am going to try and install fans this same way while things are pulled apart.

Funny you mentioned the Computer Cooling fans.... as a stop gap for now, this is exactly what I put in. I have a small RV style window in the bathroom that you crank out, and the opening is exactly the size of a computer fan. I have a power cable that I wired up to it where I simply plug into the wall when it's needed. Helps with Moisture and smells for sure for now...

+ Reply to Thread