Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holiday Mansion with extended fiberglass freeboard

Holiday Mansion with extended fiberglass freeboard

Hey everybody!

New guy here, just getting my feet wet with the research on buying my first houseboat. The ultimate goal is to do the loop but I have a few years to build up to it.

I really like the holiday mansion 38' and up and have seen quite a few with the expanded freeboard. I would think that could come in handy on some of the open water sections.

Does anyone have any experience with the holiday mansions and extra tall freeboard in the gulf or up the ice?

I am located on lake erie so i'll have plenty of practice in the great lakes and the erie canal....

Thanks!

Matt

I have owned a Holiday Mansion, I would not consider this as a Great Loop Vessel.
    I have followed Loopers on their blogs for 14 years. They will encounter some big water. NOt that it can't be done.
    I would consider a Blue Water Houseboat, but really a Trawler is what you need to cross open waters, and get caught in big wind.

Go to the Great Loopers website, and find a Looper's blog, and read it. This will give you valuable information in selecting a Looper Vessel.
    But a Holiday Mansion is a great vessel, especially with twin screws.

PS: Welcome Aboard!!

+ Reply to Thread