houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for MAST-R-KEY remote start manual

Looking for MAST-R-KEY remote start manual

I just purchased a houseboat with a MAST-R-KEY remote start system. Prev owner is no help, says it never worked. Looking for someone with knowledge, or better yet, a manual. Picture of head unit below. Thank you.
    Attached Images

This is new to me, is this to start your engines, remotely?

Looks like this it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mast-R-Key-...-/193346638728

Sold by Great Lakes Skipper
    262-753-6967.
    Mon- - Fri 9 to 5 CST

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/ca.../?q=MAST-R-KEY

Boat part number 1022344 is a NEW Mast-R-Key keyless ignition manufactured by Beacon Boat Lighting and Equipment Co. Gunmetal panel manufactured by Marine Electrical Products and includes a Teleflex Amega tachometer and Teleflex Amega trim gauge. Gauges are illuminated, black face with red accents, white numerals, white needle and black bezel. Tachometer is set for 4 cycle gas, outboard only, 2/3/4/6 poles. Panel also includes momentary on/off/on trim switch and Mast-R-Key keyless ignition panel. Has (1) four pin male connector, (1) 2 pin male connector, (1) 8 pin female connector and (1) seven pin male connector. For outboard application only.

Specifications:

Manufacturer: Beacon Boat Lighting and Equipment Co.
    Model: Mast-R-Key
    Part #: 23-01-000
    Color: Gunmetal Satin Finish
    Illuminated Teleflex 70 RPM Tachometer Outboard 2/3/4/6 poles
    Illuminated Teleflex Trim

Measures approximately 10" H x 7 1/8" L and requires at least 3" space behind. Panel has (4) 1/8" predrilled mounting holes.

Yes it is for starting your engines remotely.

Thank you Tom, I have see them at great lakes skipper, I even emailed them for help getting a manual, no response yet.

I looked a little deeper to determine the product is or was manufactured by Beacon Boat Lighting and Equipment Co.
    This company does not Google.

This leads me to suspect that the company is defunct.
    Therefore, the product would no longer be manufactured.
    Great Lakes probably has this item as left over.
    The E-bay history of this item reveals it has been for sale for 11 months, from Great Lakes.

Personally, I would not mess with it any longer.
    I can imagine a remote engine starting capability would be nice, but I would be afraid of it.

I can't imagine when starting the engines while not at helm would be desired.
    I always like to be at the helm when they are first started, no matter who is going to captain the vessel.

In conclusion, it appears the only avenue is Great Lakes, and they sell the new one for about $160.
    Since the one onboard now does not work, and it appears parts are not available, if I were to want the product, I would purchase the new one and install it.

However. There is a reason that company went out of biz, therefore, there is no longer a "product liability insurance policy" in place should it be defective and cause a fire.

I would recommend to "Run-a-way!!!

Tom, you're a bit of a rock star. I did similar research before posting. Does look like the company is defunct. But hoping someone had a manual laying around somewhere since it was installed by the boat factory. But worst I mis-spoke. It is actually a keyless start system. I said remote by mistake because the unit is installed in the upper helm. Anyway, thank you for all your research. Like I said, you are a rock star.

I get now, Used for upper helm starting, now that is something needed, if you do not have a manual start up there.
    When operation from a upper helm, starting the engines from up there is mandatory, in my mind.
    I can tell you stories of when it was needed.

Have you tried the manufacturer of the vessel?
    Or are they out of biz also.

Manufacturer is long out of business.

+ Reply to Thread