Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lazy Days houseboat question

Lazy Days houseboat question

Hi all,
    Newbie here looking to purchase a 1982 Lazy Days houseboat and looking for advice on what to look for. I have read the “inexperienced newbie read” above but was wondering if anyone has anything to chime in on the Lazy Days.
    The boat I am looking at is a 1982 57’ Lazy Days. The interior is in good condition with moderate upgrades throughout the years. The engine and the generators are non-running. The boat is located on the same lake that I plan on storing it at so no problem with moving it. The engines are Volvo Pintas 200D. Can these engines be removed without dry-docking it for maintenance?
    Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Is the hull aluminum or steel?

Those engines are Chevy 305s. Are they IOs or direct drives? Either way, I would count on having the boat pulled to have the engines removed. But, that may not be necessary. "Non running" covers a lot of territory.

I'm betting the hull is aluminum, being a 1982 model. I strongly recommend a professional survey, regardless of price of boat. Even if it's free. You could be getting a real gem or there could be hidden issues that could cost far more than your budget. Please send us an update on the progress of your project.

If I was to pull engines with an out drive, I would want it out of the water, on the hill, in dry dock.
    You will want to address the connection between the engine and the out drive, as it sounds like it has been dysfunctional for a period of time..

Will do. Thanks for the help!

+ Reply to Thread