We’ve got some awesome news! Judges from Boating Writers International announced the winners of the 2015 International BoatBuilders' Exhibition & Conference (IBEX) Innovation Awards. Designed to recognize significant contributions in marine industry innovation and product development, these winning products were chosen out of 90 entries by a panel of experienced technical boating journalists from Boating Writers International (BWI). IBEX kicked off yesterday and will run through Thursday at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky. Being named a winner at this premier boating industry technical trade show and networking event is really worth a round of applause, and many thanks go to these awesome companies who work hard to keep improving our experience out on our houseboats.
TEST DRIVE THE 2016 PONTOON AND DECK BOAT MODELS AT PDB DAYS
"This year we received an overwhelming amount of IBEX Innovation Award submissions, a signal that our industry remains focused on new product development and recognizes the importance of innovation in driving new sales," notes Thom Dammrich, president of the NMMA. "We are honored to recognize these companies as they help bring attention to the dynamic new products being offered across the marine industry-products that are showcasing boating's place as a leading recreational activity."
So, without further ado, here are the big Innovation Award winners:
- Boatbuilding Methods & Materials: Xtreme Tower Products/Marine Accessories Corp., Mixed Media Parallel Hinge Tower
- Deck Equipment & Hardware: Dowco, Easy-Lift
- Furnishings & Interior Parts: Syntec Industries LLC, Elage
- Mechanical Systems: Termodinamica SRL's, Termodinamica VRV10
- Electrical Systems: Bocatech Inc.; BT1 5LEDSW-B
- Outboard Engines: Attwood Corporation; MotorGuide X5 with VRS
- Propulsion Parts, Propellers: Mercury Marine; Flo Torq SSR-HD
- Boat Care & Maintenance: Reverso Pumps Inc.; Automatic Outboard Flushing System
- OEM Electronics: Simrad-Navico; Halo Pulse Compression Radar
- Honorable Mention: OEM Electronics: Medallion Instrumentation Systems LLC; Malibu Surf Band
- Environmental Award: Blue Gas Marine Inc.; Natural Gas Hybrid-Fuel System
Photo credited to IBEX