Mobile River Conditions.

We got there about noon and there was a cluster of logs coming down which made me think "not good". Then it cleared up and there was just a random log here and there. Then for the next 30 minutes, we didn't see any logs. I have no idea of the ratio of 'seen' vs. 'unseen' logs is so I can't comment on that. Then I saw 2 small crew boats running about 20 kts and the a mid size Cabin type fishing boat cruising at high speed looking like they didn't have a care in the world. I would assume that the crew boats and the pleasure craft were familiar with the area and were relatively unconcerned so I think it's about cleared of most logs.

The current was very slow. Not being familiar with the river system, I am totally in awe over how quickly things change from good to bad and back to good again.

As far as I am concerned, the river is safe to travel.

We don't like to start out unless we have a forecast of 3 good days in a row. Then after that, it doesn't matter. The admiral and I have had 2 really bad days on Mobile Bay in the past and so she is a little gun shy.

We will be bringing van back to mini-storage on Monday and then standing by for weather forecast. Looks like around wed or Thurs.